Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today, I'm sharing a few photos:

Some critter (an otter, maybe) got into the burn barrel a few months ago.
(And back out. And then back in again.)


Roger thought this was a baby dragonfly, newly hatched and drying out. Can baby dragonflies be this big?


Kitty asleep on Roger's computer cords.


Sunset from last week.


Sunset from a few weeks ago.


A cruise ship that passed by our place last weekend.
(My camera doesn't like night pictures.)


Me, holding a very licky 11-week-old chihuahua last weekend.

1 comment:

Powell River Books said...

Hi Jena - Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my sprouts. The cardboard gets wet and soggy so it just pulls away to release the sprouts. I folded it down into the middle so the stems would be able to grow straight up and out of the mouth of the jar. A flat sided jar (peanut butter?) would have been better, but I didn't have one available at the time. Unfortunately I left the jar outdoors and one evening the mice got inside and had a nibble. Only two sprouts survived to be transplanted. I also tried plastic baggies with seeds inside. That worked OK, but the jar was easier. Even so, we've had more produce than we can eat from our little garden. I'd like to hear more about your burlap bag planting. - Margy