Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Last week I went to a brain injury conference in Naramata, BC, and of course I learned quite a bit. But one of the best parts of the trips was the location: Naramata is on the shores of Lake Okanagan. The Okanagan valley is known for its summer produce (they grow the best plums ever) and its wineries. Roger and I went to Penticton (also on the lake) in 2006, but here are some more pictures, taken from the Kettle Valley Railroad trail over Naramata.


The lake, looking west (I think).



If the first was really looking west, then this is the lake looking east.


The rows are an orchard of some kind and the gray is actually the lake. This is looking down from the west(?) side of this tunnel:

And this tunnel is where we saw this creature (which we suspect Hagrid would love):


Yeah, he really was as big as you think. Roughly, I'd say he was the size of my hand. I didn't get out of the Jeep to take this picture, that's for sure!

No comments: